There Will Always Be Seasons
Seasons, or change, will always be with us; there will be always be rain in spring, growth in summer, harvest in autumn, and stillness in winter. For the Christian there is no set rule or calendar by which we can schedule our emotions. Changes occur over the course of a lifetime or a moment in time, with the only certainty being that there will be change. And with seasonal change comes emotional change.
And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. Galatians 6:9
The fact that we have emotional ups and downs is no secret to God. He gave us the emotions to begin with, but He also gave us choice. As a result, God has provided a way by which we can give sacrificially; i.e., praising Him when we otherwise might not feel like it.
Anyone can praise God when there is spiritual growth or harvest, but when the rain pours or our hearts are cold, these times of praise are sacrificial. Remember the story of the widow in Mark 12; imagine for a moment that it is not money she has given, but praise.
This poor widow has put in more (praise) than all those who have given…for they all (praised) out of their abundance, but she out of her poverty put in all that she had (Mark 12:43b-44)
I Missed Out
God’s message to me was timely and I find myself this morning praising Him for His faithfulness to me in my times of faithlessness. He has lifted me out of an emotional pit and has placed me on higher ground–I am able to praise Him in my abundant joy. However, I also realize that I had an opportunity to praise Him in my emotional poverty and let that chance slip through my fingers. That knowledge might be depressing to me if not for this truth:
There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. Romans 8:1
These articles may or may not relate:
- MWM: a moderate success (blcasey.wordpress.com)
- Putting God first by offering the sacrifice of praise. (preciousprodigal.wordpress.com)
- 9-19-12 During… (onepropheticvoice.wordpress.com)
- Sacrifice (urstrulie.wordpress.com)
- An Argument for Perfection (compassiondave.wordpress.com)
- Praise of the Redeemed! (psalmsofpraisewomensministries.wordpress.com)
- Sacrificial Suffering……………..my gift to God and his gift to me (cancercuredmylife.wordpress.com)
- In the Sea of Uncertainty (thebloggingdisciple.wordpress.com)
- Benefits of Leviticus (apologies.wordpress.com)
- The Sacrifice of Praise (improvisedlife.wordpress.com)