For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11
Do You Believe That?
Seriously, do you believe that the Lord thinks about you constantly ~and~ that He desires a peaceful life for you void of evil ~and~ that He also wants to ‘give’ you a hope-filled future? I hope you do. Now the question is do you believe this promise is just for you?
Have you said that to God? How many times have you started your day by asking the Lord to reveal Himself to you, or to share His will with you, or if He would just somehow, someway, tell you what He wants you to do, and you will just do it? Frankly, I do that all the time?
God, Is That You?
I have discovered that there are at least three (3) real good indicators in place to determine if what you hear is actually God speaking to your heart. First, is what Gods saying consistent with His Word? Second, do we see Biblical Christians and modern-day believers practicing whatever it is He is now asking you to do? And finally, and for me this is a key factor, is your initial response to God (in regard to what He has told you) to make an excuse as to why you can’t do what He is asking?
Related (or unrelated) articles
- why we (desperately) need the Bible (lmelonakos.wordpress.com)
- Christians should …………..learn that life has already begun (authenticinfluence.wordpress.com)
- The Test of True Biblical Discipleship (kimolsen.wordpress.com)
- Spiritual warfare 2: The resources of our warfare (boynhillbiblestudies.wordpress.com)
- Trust in God man (egwquotables.wordpress.com)
- Free from the Stronghold of Trouble (ptl2010.com)
- Elijah, Obadiah, and the King Ahab (jerfireandhammer.wordpress.com)
- A Study Through the Bible: James 5:7-12 (hisrib.wordpress.com)
- Who is Arrogant? (new.exchristian.net)
- When God Hates (pastorron7.wordpress.com)