Love is the Answer
If God wanted to He could easily convince every-single-person that He is God, that His Word is 100% true, and that all should follow Him. I am not talking about signs, wonders, and miracles here; I’m talking about really big, God-stuff, the likes of which no man has ever seen.
The Lord does not reveal Himself in this manner because He loves us and He wants that we love Him by choice. In other words, if He revealed Himself in an overwhelming, convincing manner, suddenly choice is removed from the equation.
True Love Requires Choice
When it comes to true love, if you remove the ability to choose freely, you have essentially forced yourself upon that person. In our society the common word for that behavior is called rape. You (as a believer) might be saying that God forcing Himself on you is OK, but we need to remember that God loves the non-believer as well. If a person chooses their own will over God’s, He will not take away that persons right to choose — even if it breaks His heart.
He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels. Revelation 3:5
Related (or perhaps unrelated) articles
- God has spoken…. (jewelindapalace.wordpress.com)
- To Be Something More! (soulblindministry.com)
- Thank you, God. (themodernrumi.wordpress.com)
- Psalm 78 (shareaverse.wordpress.com)
- Battlefield of the Mind Devotional – Day 11 of 14 – Defeating Unbelief (christlikeministriesnwa.wordpress.com)
- As Christians, we are covenant people, but what the hopscotch does that mean? (tylersheart.wordpress.com)
- Willful Exposure (4allreligion.wordpress.com)
- What is Born of God? (gatheringinlight.com)
- We Can Say (parlaadaltavoce.wordpress.com)
- God’s Love and Miracle (amaeguerrero.wordpress.com)