Field of Dreams
The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It’s been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game, is a part of our past, Ray. It reminds us of all that once was good, and that could be again. Oh people will come, Ray. People will most definitely come.
Well, it’s a lie.
I like baseball and I loved this movie, but Ray and Terry, the only constant through all the years is God — while we are often faith-less, He has been, and always will be faithful. Faithfulness is at the very core of Christ Jesus and that truth is exemplified by King David in Psalm 118:8:
It is better to trust in the Lord Than to put confidence in man
…Which just happens to be the exact middle of the Bible!
Hope you enjoyed the memory and the reminder.
These articles may or may not be related (I haven’t read them all):
- James Earl Jones Win the Voice (itsallsatire247.wordpress.com)
- James Earl Jones’s Favorite Mistake (thedailybeast.com)
- Daily Dialogue – April 9, 2012 (gointothestory.blcklst.com)
- James Earl Jones Reads “The Meaning of the Fourth of July for the Negro” (1852) (poetrydouglass.wordpress.com)
- Oprah Winfrey and James Earl Jones win Honorary Oscar (thephotographer4you.wordpress.com)
- Editorial: Optimism seems justified for success with expansion of Vero Beach Sports Village (tcpalm.com)
- Excuses, Rationalizations and Reasons (bloggingdangerously.com)
- Oprah Winfrey & James Earl Jones to Receive Honorary Oscars (binsidetv.net)
- Keeping Up With The Joneses (peopleofwalmart.com)
- You would have liked Barbara Jordan, Texas heroine (molinahistory.wordpress.com)