Have you ever asked yourself what the difference is between grace and mercy? My pastor gave an illustration a few months ago that enlightened truly me.
“Imagine,” he began, “that you are pulled over for speeding. If the officer lets you off with a warning, that’s mercy. If he then gives you an envelope with ten thousand dollars and tells you to have a nice day, that’s grace.”
The difference between the two words is subtle and can be summarized by saying that mercy is not getting what you deserve and grace is receiving what you do not deserve.
For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God. Ephesians 2:8
I Want Justice!
I laugh when I hear someone scream that. I want to yell back, “No you don’t. What you want is mercy!” God demanded justice, but by His grace He positioned our guilt on His Son and He paid the penalty. In light of that truth, only a fool would demand to be held accountable, for if you demand it for others, you are demanding it for yourself.
A Most Precious Commodity
”Therefore I say to you, her sins, which are many, are forgiven, for she loved much. But to whom little is forgiven, the same loves little.” Luke 7:47
These articles may or may not relate to this blog:
- PARABLE OF THE PRODIGAL SON -What is the meaning (ioan17.wordpress.com)
- Repentance and Forgiveness Go Together (samuelatgilgal.wordpress.com)
- I Know You are But What Am I (anointedplace.wordpress.com)
- What happens to Infants and Children Who Die? Do Babies Go To Heaven? (raymondjclements.wordpress.com)
- What Does it Mean to be in Christ? (alookintomymind.wordpress.com)
- He Came to Save Sinners- of Whom I am the Worst (rmgarvin.wordpress.com)
- a wrecked life + the gospel of grace (northoflove.com)
- Saint or Simply An Old Sinner, Saved By Grace? (aviesplace.wordpress.com)
- 2 Timothy 1-2 (mybiblereadingplan.wordpress.com)
- The People who are in the True Religion (idkh.org)