What’s wrong with Christianity in America today?
I’ll tell you.
This number could even be much, much higher! This revelation should sadden you greatly. It appears we have come to this time (spoken of in 2 Timothy 4:3-4):
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned aside to fables.
If this passage describes you and the faith you follow, you need to know that this ‘New Christianity’ is a false religion. No one cannot say they believe and follow Jesus, change His attributes, and then believe it’s all still the same. It is not the same. Those who do this have taken the Lord’s name in vain. Jesus Christ is the Word and He is inerrant! He does not advocate abortion or gay marriage! If you think He does, you are following a different Jesus.
American Christians (and you know who you are), must repent. Read the following verse again and again and consider its serious implication:
“If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”
(2 Chronicles 7:14)
Until Christians ‘turn from their wicked ways,’ our land will not be healed. Ignore this admonition from God and He will not hear your prayers and pleadings, and your sin will not be forgiven. Of course issues such as abortion and gay marriage are just the tip of iceberg. The vile activities that ‘New Christianity’ advocates (and justifies) are an abomination to the true and living God, but regardless of what you did (or formerly believed), today, right now, you can turn away from it all, confess it for the sin that it is, and turn to the real Jesus for salvation and healing.
“God resists the proud, But gives grace to the humble.” Therefore submit to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you. Draw near to God and He will draw near to you. Cleanse your hands, you sinners; and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Lament and mourn and weep! Let your laughter be turned to mourning and your joy to gloom. Humble yourselves in the sight of the Lord, and He will lift you up. (James 4:6b-10)
Humble yourself before the Lord. Repent. Confess. Be saved.
These articles may or may not be related:
- Taking the Lord’s Name in Vain
- Professors of Foolishness
- It’s Not My Opinion, It’s My Bible
- The Great Wisdom Deception
- Christendom: Time To Unite (reverenddrred.wordpress.com)
- Called By My Name (sharondmiddleton.wordpress.com)
- Don’t Give Up The Fight (reverenddrred.wordpress.com)
- Congratulations President Obama and Vice President Joe Biden! Surprised? (mitsilancer.wordpress.com)
- Christianity Isn’t Dying (frstephensmuts.wordpress.com)
- I Will Heal (aliciareagan.wordpress.com)
- Christianity in America: The Best of Times or the Worst of Times? (restart.typepad.com)
- The (Futile?) Search for Christian America (reformedreader.wordpress.com)
- So what now? 7 sets of questions to ask after President Obama’s reelection. (lynleahz.com)
*** While it seems this article was written in response to the 2012 Presidential election, the reality is the blog is not political; my genuine concern is for the lost, the misguided, and the like. A person’s salvation is of much more importance. (The fact of the matter is I did not vote for Mr. Obama or Mr. Romney, but voted for another individual). If you agree with the sound Biblical premise of the blog, please share it on Facebook, twitter, or other social media.