Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. Galatians 6:7
An Open Letter to President Obama
Dear President Obama,
After the attack on our American consulate in Benghazi, whereby four Americans were killed, including U.S. Ambassador J. Christopher Stevens, and ten others were injured, you erroneously blamed the attack on a poorly produced, anti-Muslim video. At a reported cost of $70,000.00 to American taxpayers, you authorized and starred in a television advertisement, to be aired overseas, to denounce the film. In this government sanctioned ad, you shared how you reject all efforts to denigrate the religious beliefs of others. Hillary Clinton added that America rejects the anti-religious content and message of the video.
We have since learned that the anti-Muslim video was not the cause of this murderous, terrorist attack. But be that as it may, you did get one thing right: there is no place for hate-filled, anti-religious rhetoric in America. So as a result, I have a question for you Mr. President…
Where’s the outrage of this effort to denigrate Christian religious beliefs?
Or this one…
These movies mock God, His Holy Word the Bible, Christians, and the Church of Jesus Christ. Seriously Mr. President, this is all okay with you? Is it not within your power to scrape together another $70,000.00 and make a commercial for Americans outlining how these types of movies are denigrating and hurtful? The fact remains that you could merely share your outrage (if you have any) at your next press conference or public appearance.
Would you at least do that?
And just so we’re clear Mr. President, I am not suggesting you take away our First Amendment right to free speech (Heaven forbid), but rather you share with this nation what it means to be tolerant of all religions. Honestly Mr. President, the message you are sending is that you only care for the Muslim religion. Is it because American Christians are typically peace-loving and we don’t react to the mocking of our ‘God and faith‘ by burning buildings and killing people? Do you assume because American Christians are not radically destructive, that these videos are acceptable?
Mr. President, it’s time for you to step up to the plate and be a leader. America is a nation of many religions and it is shameful that you only respect the beliefs of a small portion of our citizens. Your lack of leadership, represented by you silence on the issue, is both troublesome and appalling.
Mr. President, we are eagerly waiting for a change.
“So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.” Matthew 7:12
David Wells — Christ follower, and tolerant American
These articles may or may not be related:
- Brokaw on IRS Scandal: ‘Welcome to the Second Term, Mr. President’ (newsbusters.org)
- Mr. President (jvr3.com)
- I’ll answer your question Mr. President (chuck-thompson.com)
- Chuck Todd Rips Dems’ Lack Of Outrage Over IRS: Scandal Has ‘More Legs Politically’ In 2014 Than Benghazi (mediaite.com)
- Mr. President, Hey Dude (apologies to The Beatles) (gointohellblog.wordpress.com)
- The Sinister Truth About Obama And Islam (personalliberty.com)
- The Black Flag of Islam already Flies on top of the White House (counterjihadreport.com)
- The IRS Scandal, the AP Scandal, and the Benghazi Scandal: Mr. President, Where Does the Buck Stop? (blackchristiannews.com)
- Enemedia strikes again! (atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com)
- The worst Islamophobes (iranaware.com)