If the photograph on the left is any indication, then the answer is yes! Why then does the President of the United States want to support an Al Qaeda-infested rebel force seeking to overthrow President Bashar al-Assad‘s Syria? It doesn’t matter that Assad is evil, Al Qaeda is OUR enemy and if we do anything to support them, it’s an act of treason.
Am I overstating the issue?
Is treason too strong a word to use in regard to the intended actions of the POTUS?
Aid and Comfort:
To render assistance or counsel. Any act that deliberately strengthens or tends to strengthen enemies of the United States, or that weakens or tends to weaken the power of the United States to resist and attack such enemies is characterized as aid and comfort.
Article 3, section 3, clause 1 of the U.S. Constitution specifies that the giving of aid and comfort to the enemy is an element in the crime of Treason. Aid and comfort may consist of substantial assistance or the mere attempt to provide some support; actual help or the success of the enterprise is not relevant.
If the president drops one bomb on Syria, guess who he is aiding and comforting?
That’s right – our enemy: Al Qaeda.
What’s our recourse?
Short of prayer, I’m not 100% certain, so let’s begin with that and be persistent in it! I trust that the Lord will guide His children in how we are to respond. I do know that God in His word instructs us to be subject to the governing authorities (Romans 13:1), so as good subjects we should vote when we’re able and encourage those in power to do what’s morally and Biblically right.
Treason is a stipulation of our Constitution, therefore anyone who violates it needs to be prosecuted. Untied State citizens (subjects) in good-standing need to lovingly stand behind any effort to remove law-breakers from our society, even if it is the president. As ‘good subjects’ we must see to it that our laws are enforced.
We also should be praying for our president (and those who support his position on aiding Al Qaeda), that they would adhere to the laws of the United States. More importantly, that he (and others) would act like the Christian that they say they are. Our prayers in this regard are essential and any implementation should not be ignored or rejected.
The kings of the earth set themselves, And the rulers take counsel together, Against the Lord and against His Anointed, saying, “Let us break Their bonds in pieces And cast away Their cords from us.” He who sits in the heavens shall laugh; The Lord shall hold them in derision. Then He shall speak to them in His wrath, And distress them in His deep displeasure: “Yet I have set My King On My holy hill of Zion.” (Psalm 2:2-6)
- Al-Qaeda Praises Obama Reaching Out To Friends McCain And Graham (disquietreservations.blogspot.com)
- Al Qaeda in Benghazi Is Training Our Rebel Allies in Syria! (independentsentinel.com)
- US strike would help al-Qaeda: Syria (sbs.com.au)
- U.S. Travel Warning: Al Qaeda-Linked Syrian Rebels Have ‘Claimed Nearly 600 Attacks’ (undergroundpoliticsdotorg.wordpress.com)
- Al-Qaeda replacing Assad is the biggest threat to US security – CIA deputy director (jewishterrorism.com)
- In Syria debate, little mention of rebels (tv.msnbc.com)
- Ron Paul: Al-Qaeda would benefit most from Syria chemical attack – not Assad (themuslimissue.wordpress.com)
- U.S. troops protest deployment to Syria (theopinionpress.com)
- ‘If Assad Falls, Al-Qaeda Rises’ (israelnationalnews.com)
- Report – Syria: Al-Qaeda Force Passengers Off A Bus And Behead 24 Of Them, Including A Mother And Baby (undergroundpoliticsdotorg.wordpress.com)
If you agree with me on this issue, please SHARE the blog on facebook, Twitter, and other social media. Believe it or not, many Americans do NOT understand what’s going on in Syria in regard to Al Qaeda. Sharing the blog may help to inform others. SUBSCRIBE to the blog as well.