He has no form or comeliness; And when we see Him, There is no beauty that we should desire Him. He is despised and rejected by men, A Man of sorrows and acquainted with grief. And we hid, as it were, our faces from Him; He was despised, and we did not esteem Him (*Jesus Christ). Isaiah 53:2-3
That should give us pause.
When the Word exhorts us to be Christ-like, let us remember that it means we are to serve regardless of our short-comings; real or perceived. There is no account in the Bible of any servant not having at least one obvious limitation or weakness. In reality it seems that inadequacy is a prerequisite for serving the Lord. It surely is!
Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring to light the hidden things of darkness and reveal the counsels of the hearts. Then each one’s praise will come from God. 1 Corinthians 4:5
- The Resurrection and the Believer (codybateman.org)
- Days of Praise-praise Him for His Death~to God Be the Glory! (ioan17.wordpress.com)
- 1 Corinthians 15:12 Bible Verse of the Day (momsfirstscreenn.wordpress.com)
- Examining Your Faith (dailybibleplan.com)
- His ways are higher… (the1savedbygrace.wordpress.com)